As a prelude to last night’s business meeting, we held an initial planning meeting to discuss the upcoming annual Beer Pairing Dinner to benefit the Knights ultrasound program. The date for the event is April 11th and tickets will go on sale starting Sunday March 1st. Tickets will be $45 (same as last year) and attendance will be limited to 100 people, so we expect it to fill up fast! Last year’s dinner was a great success and as a result Council 9597 was able to contribute $3700 to the ultrasound program. This year we will be supported by Our Lady of Fatima’s Respect Life committee in supplying some of the program material and speakers.
With the Knights in attendance last evening, we discussed the various roles and tasks that need to be addressed and we made good progress.
* Woody Ritchey will chair this year’s event and will document and coordinate the various sub-committees. Brother Pat Stewart has offered to assist as we move forward
* Brother Brent Schuller will coordinate this year’s volunteers
* Brother Keith Mobley volunteered to coordinate table service
* We are blessed again this year to have Brothers Ken & Chris Klispie preparing the dinner. For those in attendance last year, you know what a phenomenal job they did
* Ken has graciously offered to update the dinner program as well as banner that we utilized for ticket sales last year (citing the “annual beer pairing dinner” without dates for perpetual use)
* As stated previously, ticket sales will begin on March 1st after all Masses and we will need Brother Knights to man the table after all Masses
* Roxanne Martinez, who prepared last year’s tickets for the council, has graciously agreed to prepare our tickets again this year
* As with last year, Brother Tom Martinez will again coordinate the beer service as Cicerone. People are still talking about the great job he did last year, so he’s set a high bar
* As part of the marketing effort, Woody will coordinate placement of a save the date in next weekend’s parish bulletin, which is already in the works
* Terry Richey (Respect Life Committee member) was consulted regarding their providing visual materials and a speaker to discuss the ultrasound program, more to come as we hear back
* Grand Knight Mike Majeres has generously offered to coordinate collecting the various auction items assisted by Brother Rich Phillips
It is shaping up to be another terrific event and I would encourage all Knights to contact Brother Schuller to sign up for the event. Please let Woody know if you have any questions.