Things the Knights have done in this fraternal year￼
Council Free Throw Contest
Annual free throw contest was on February 7th. There was good turnout of participants.
Exemplification and Farewell – May 24th
We will be celebrating an Exemplification on May 24th at 6:30 pm in the Parish Hall. In addition to welcoming a number of new Brothers into the Knights, we will be saying farewell to Brother Keith Mobley who is moving off to Florida. We will have hamburgers and hot dogs and some drinks afterwards and we are asking you to bring a side dish or dessert that goes with such a fine fare. The link below will take you to the sign up genius for bringing a side dish and to RSVP that you will be coming so we know how many hamburgers and hot dogs we need to prepare.
See you all on the 24th.
The Council Asks for Your Help
We are looking for Brother Knights to step up and consider a one year term heading up one of our programs as a program director. We will need a Family Director and Faith Director. The fraternal year runs July to June.
State Convention Awards and Appointment
Nick and Colleen Smitle were named Knights of Columbus State Family of the year and received an award at the convention.
OLF Council 9597 received the St, Joseph Award at the convention and the plaque has been added to our award wall.
Brother Michael Majeres has been appointed the new State Program Director
March for Life 2022
Updates and Happenings
A few updates and opportunities to participate in some activities.
- Saturday January 22nd we will helping with the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Time and location still to be determined so that information is forthcoming.
- Saturday and Sunday the 22nd and 23rd will be our membership drive weekend.
- February 6th we will be hosting our Free Throw contest in the school Gym.
If you have any questions or would like any more information on any of theses events please call me at 720-317-0511. I also post information about upcoming opportunities on our Calendar at https://kofc9597.org/planning-calendars/
Just a reminder that we have our November Pancake Breakfast coming up on November 28th. Please consider signing up to help even if it were just for a couple hours. If you haven’t been to a breakfast in awhile, just come by, have some pancakes and check it out.
Mark your calendar for December 11th as well as that will be our Keep Christ in Christmas dinner. We would love to see as many Knights and their families attend as possible. More information to come.
- Reminder on some dates to save if you can:
- September 11- Set up and clean up for the Parish Picnic and Fr Henri 40th celebration.
- September 18th-In God We trust event in Aurora
- September 19th-Our first Pancake breakfast
- October 16th – Helping out at the Oktoberfest Sundancer
- Recurring events:
- 2nd Tuesday of the month-Business meetings
- 4th Tuesday of the month-Planning meetings
- Meetings are hybrid with in-person and virtual participation and are kept to one hour.
- 2nd Saturday of each month-Prayer in the Square for the unborn at 20th and Kipling after the 8:15 mass.
- Other events being planned
- Celebration for the completion of the Congo water/Latrine project. It will be on a Saturday morning so that we can Zoom with the folks from the Congo.
- Tootsie roll fundraiser for those with intellectual disabilities at a King Soopers and after masses-some time in September